Thursday, June 20, 2013

From our keynote speaker, Megan McKenna

Here is what Megan is planning to explore with us at the gathering on the weekend of 5 - 7 July, in Brisbane, Queensland: let her thoughts whet your appetite and inspire your fingers to fill out those registration forms and book those flights for a weekend of immersion in our Sacred Story.

Saturday, I'm thinking of doing John 4 (parts of the chapter) and connections with word / water / scriptures ... and I would hopefully invite the people to experience the connections / relationships between the gospel / Scriptures and storytelling by heart (not memorisation).

I thought for the workshop we could either explore parables – specifically as religious / sacred stories that are meant to 'interrupt' our lives and turn us upside down and inside out ...  or storytelling and scripture – on words  and their power to convert, make peace, do justice, etc.

And then the closing on Sunday morning I thought I would do something on making stories come true – dreaming and telling them into becoming reality and actually happening.

I don't know about you, but I find Megan's thoughts are enticing, and can't wait to explore the Gospels, storytelling, and living into and out of the story with Megan and fellow storytellers. See you there!!


No comments:

Post a Comment